Tsukuba Japanese Speech Contest 2007
Make a speech and tell audiences your point of view, your experiences while you are here, or the differences between your own country and Japan. You may talk about anything except political, commercial, or religious subjects.
Date: Friday, November 23, 2007
Time: 12:30pm to 4pm
Place: Tsukuba Capio (1-10-1, Takezono, Tsukuba)
Baby sitters available if you apply before October 30th. (You will have to pay for insurance.)
1st Prize – certificate, shield, 50,000 yen gift certificate (1 person)
2nd Prize – certificate, shield, 30,000 yen gift certificate (1 person)
Prize Awarded by JHS and SHS Students – certificate, shield, 20,000 yen gift certificate (1 person)
Prize Awarded by Japanese Volunteer Teachers – certificate, shield, 20,000 yen gift certificate (1 person)
Prize for Humor – certificate, shield, 10,000 yen gift certificate (1 person)
Fighting Spirit Award – 5000 yen gift certificate (Undetermined number of people)
Format of Speech
* Five minutes maximum.
* You may include a maximum of 30 seconds in another language.
* Junior high school age or older
* Living, working, or studying in Southern Ibaraki region, Western Ibaraki region, or Rokko District (Kashima and surroundings)
* Must not have Japanese citizenship
* There is no limit on the amount of time that applicants have spent in Japan except in the case of students of junior/senior high schools or professional-training colleges who must have been in Japan for less than 5 years by the time of the contest
Fill out the application form available on the Tsukuba International Association website.
Include a written summary of your speech in Japanese, between 400 and 600 characters, in sentence form. (A list of subjects you will include is not acceptable).
Include a recording in your own voice of your summary on an MD, CD or a cassette tape.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
1. Tsukuba International Association will own the copyright of your speech.
2. The Association will not return your speech materials to participants.
3. The sponsor will prepare a one-day parking pass for people who are accepted as participants. (Please park in the designated parking lot.)
4. The sponsor will publish the winning certificates in English. (To be sent later by mail.)
5. The sponsor may use photos of the participants in future city publications.
Tsukuba International Association
1-10-1, Takezono, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305-0032