Tsukuba Heliport Open House tomorrow

Tsukuba Heliport Open House
Oct. 13, Sat. 10am – 3pm
Heliport map (or use Google map)

Events:
10:10 to 10:20am
- Flight demonstration of commercial helicopter(s)
11:00am to Noon
- Paper airplane class
1:00 to 2:00pm
- Rescue drill demonstration using the Ibaraki Prefecture’s disaster-relief helicopter
10:20am to 1pm, 2 to 3pm
- Sightseeing flights (for people who won the tickets)

Ref: Tsukuba Koukuu Kabushikigaisha (Tsukuba Heliport)

I am not very familiar with the Tsukuba University area, but this heliport is not too far from the University. Has anyone in the university/ university area been there by bike? Was it easy to find/get there?

• Prima Cabina says:

Thank you for the information.
    My family really enjoyed the open house.

We could learn about the rescue system of Ibaraki Prefecture and could see inside of the rescue helicopter.
    Ibaraki prefecuture has only one rescue helicopter, but it covers all Ibaraki prefecture within 25 minutes. They say that rescues are sent from each fire department in Ibaraki prefecture on 3-year shift (Rescue teams belong to the fire department in each municipal government in Japan.)
    To get to the heliport, it takes 15-20 minutes from the University of Tsukuba by bike. It is located in the middle of rice fields by Sakura river. There are several signboards among roads to the heliport.

They provide a sight-seeing flight for 6,500 yen.
    The price seemed to be discounted to 3,000 yen today (In-advance application was required).

• Shaney says:

Do they do sight-seeing flights on any day? Can you just call them to arrange it or is it only available on certain days?

• RrFish says:

Hi Prima Cabina,

Thanks for your report! I was planning on taking my son there, but he changed his mind about going about an hour before that event :( I was so disappointed, but am now happy that you and your family had a good time.

>The price seemed to be discounted to 3,000 yen today
    Yeah, I think that price was for people who won the lottery.

• RrFish says:

Hi Shaney,

>Do they do sight-seeing flights on any day? Can you just call them >to arrange it or is it only available on certain days?

Yeah, they do that on regular basis. I talked to a lady from that company last year about 遊覧飛行(sight-seeing flights), and she said that there’s no need to make a reservation weeks/months in advance, but you’ll still need to check with them beforehand because their helicopters might be out for some events.

If anyone is interested in sight-seeing flights, please check with the TKB(Tsukuba Heliport) about their reservation procedure.

• Shaney says:

Well, I think I will ask for a sightseeing flight over Tsukuba for my birthday next year!

• Prima Cabina says:

As RrFich answered, they do.
    Please note that they accept an application from 2 persons at least. For details, please refer to their webiste (Japanese).